Monday, August 10, 2009

No, I didn't cry....

I got asked this question a lot today. "Did you cry?" I am not a crier and eventhough having to leave Carter behind in tears was hard it still didn't trigger tears. We went through a lot this past week with getting him ready for school. I love his teacher and know that he is in good hands and will be well taken care of. With that said, that's why I didn't cry this morning! Then he got home and I checked his folder and this poem was inside:

Your baby started school today.

A first big milestone along the way.

He's not a baby, oh no, not he,

As big as any in the class, you see.

Until now you've been his shining sun.

Your influence has been equaled by none.

But now, I'll share in his work and play.

Thanks for lending me your son today.

This little hand so small

Is starting school today.

This little hand will learn

With others to work and play.

And I will try to train

This hand throughout the year.

I wonder if this hand will belong

To a scientist, pilot, or engineer,

To a teacher, farmer, or financier.


His handprint was at the top and this is what brought me to tears. Mrs. Privett will be spending more time with him than me. Please join me in praying for her as she teaches and influences Carter and the rest of his class this year. Please pray that it will be a positive influence and one that he will remember for years to come. I have no doubt that this will be the case. God's hand is on Carter and it was on the selection of his teacher. We are so grateful for her and so very proud of our son!


No comments:

Post a Comment