Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Fun!!

We left Georgia when Carter was 2 and half and moved to warm lower Alabama. Every year Carter has reminded us that he has never seen snow or played in it. We are always like we're so sorry, but it just doesn't snow at the beach! Well on Friday it snowed at the beach for the first time in 14 years. Well close enough to the beach where we could drive to it! Fairhope did see a brief 5 minute or so snow shower but that was the extent of our snow. Anyways all the schools were closed for this big winter storm and we ventured out to find the white stuff. All Carter wanted to do was to make a snow angel and have a snowball fight. We went about 40 minutes up the road to Atmore and did just that! My camera batteries of course died as soon as we got there but I was able to get these few pics. I'm so glad that I have them. There is something so special about a snowfall and seeing that down here was really special.







Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. you are such a good momma to drive to find the snow! Your kids won't forget that! I am glad they got to experience that!

    ReplyDelete