Monday, April 6, 2009
Wow!
I love doing Beth Moore's bible studies! Each one I complete really just challenges me and opens my eyes to see things that I never saw before! I am currently doing her study, To Live Is Christ, and its a study on the life and ministry of Paul. I said all that to say this, I am constantly praying for God to guard Carter's heart. I can't believe that I'm about to send him into the big bad world of kindergarten next year and one thing that I worry about that is I can't limit his exposure to certain things anymore. I'm not going to be there to tell him that we don't say certain things, or do certain things. Now I know its just kindergarten but I want to so be able to surround him with friends from Godly families and people that will lift and build him up. Well this is what I read this morning, "The truth is, godly influences are few, I pray for them to know what to do with bad influences and hope they become the good influences!" (she was talking about her daughters) Wow! I need to start praying that even in kindergarten at the age of 5 and 6 that Carter will be able to recognize the bad influences and in turn be the good influence back. I know that is a very lofty goal for a 5 year old, but nothing is too big for God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I truly agree with you here. We are facing the same with Mackenzie this year. She has a great Christian preschool now.
ReplyDelete