This is going to be a bit random but hopefully I'll get to my point by the end of it! I think I've read this book to Aidan about 30 times today. I really had to fight the urge not to hide it when he wasn't looking! While talking to my mom today she said that I was too hard on Aidan. My beautiful, sweet, extremely, strong-willed Aidan. He has taught me that throwing fits and tantrums is not a learned behavior. He has taught me that no matter how much you discipline a 16 month old that he will still bite, kick, and throw a fit if he doesn't get what he wants! And believe me we are working on all of those not so pleasant behaviors! At the core Aidan is as sweet as can be and for the moment defines the term all boy! I know that we will get the negative behaviors under control. I think they will get a lot better when he can communicate more. I am amazed that he is so well behaved when he is with my dad. He talks more with Papa than anyone else. All the words that he said when we were at their house for Christmas are long gone, except dog. I'm sure they'll magically come back when we see Papa again! Anyways, all that to say this. It did really warm my heart when Aidan was begging me to read this book for the 30th time! He would bring it and sit on the floor waiting for me to sit with him to read it. By the end of the day he was saying duck, pointing to the duck, bubbles, their noses, and their eyes. I was really impressed! I don't know what impressed me more, the fact that he was pointing out all of these things when I asked or the fact that he was actually sitting still! So I guess my mom was right, I am a bit hard on Aidan when I talk about the negative behaviors that he is going through. They are all perfectly normal as far as development goes, not acceptable, but normal!

he sounds so much like BOTH my boys at that age. :) But, I do think the 2nd seems to always test us more for some reason. :) You are a wonderful moma, and don't be hard on yourself either! :)
ReplyDelete