Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Our School"

When Ryan lost his job way back in 2009 my dear friend Regan sent me this verse, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived the plans the Lord has made for those who love Him." 1st Corinthians 2:9  I printed  the verse out and put it on my bathroom mirror and clung to it and many others during these past few years.  We made the decision to move back to McDonough this year for many reasons.  One of those was that I thought I would stand a better chance getting on in the county again since I previously taught there.  So we knew the area we needed to move to still be in close proximity to Ryan's work and I knew that I wanted Carter at Timber Ridge.  It just so happens that this school is in the district that we needed to move to.  I promised Carter that he would stay at this school until he moved to Middle School.  I mean this will be his third school and he's only in second grade.  Although each school and teacher has been amazingly good for him.  Back to the reason of the post, I applied for many open positions.  I had some interviews but nothing fit quite right.  After each interview I was kind of worried about what I would do if I was offered the job.  God knew that the desire of my heart was to have Carter at school with me and Aidan to in the future.  It just didn't seem like that was going to be in the cards.  Towards the end of May we had settled on a house and were stepping out in faith that a job would come for me.  I was about ready to give up applying when I saw the opening for a first grade position at Timber Ridge.  I actually thought about it for a day before I applied because it seemed to good to be true.  Well low and behold I was called for an interview the first week in June.  I interviewed with the first grade teachers.  That interview went really well, and I was really excited about the possibility.  Then I was called in the same afternoon for an interview with the principal.  I felt that the interview did not go very well.  I got nervous and when I was thinking back on what I had said I felt like none of it made sense!  She said I would hear something within the next day or two either way.  Well several days went by and I figured that I didn't get it.  Well much to my surprise one afternoon she called to see if I was still interested.  I was thrilled!  Not only is this the grade that I love at a really great school but it is Carter's school!  The school that I knew several months before that he needed to go to.  How good is God!?!?!  To think that I almost didn't apply makes me just shake my head.  So like the verse said my mind did not see this plan but I am so happy and beyond greatful that God did!!  I'm also beyond thankful that He loves my child enough to answer this prayer for him.  He prayed hard that I would be able to teach at his school.  He is so excited to be down the hall this year and I know that it will make the transition to a new school so much easier on him.  I love hearing him say every time we drive by the school he says. "look mom, there's our school!"  Lord willing he will be able to say that for a long time!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm sitting at the doctors office and just pulled your page up and read. My cheeks are now soaking wet! Thanks! :). I love that we got to witness-first hand-the incredible path unfold that God had placed you on. You stood firm the entire time, and I am so encouraged by you and proud of you! You are going to rock at that school! They are so blessed to have you. Yay for the happy ending for the Kellys! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathie,

    I'm so excited for you and Carter! That's a great testament to the Lord's good work. Thank you for sharing at a time when I really need it. I know that I will never be able to fully comprehend God's plans, but stories like this give me the courage to step off the ledge to see where it will take me. I hope you guys have a great year at your new school home. We miss you so much, but know that you are going to do great things where you are.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's Plan is Always Best! I am so happy everything worked out for you and your beautiful family!! How Sweet that you and Carter get to share a school! I hope you both have a wonderful year!
    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete