Dear Friends,
As many of you know, the past year has been a real challenge for us financially and spiritually. Not being employed has caused us to reevaluate what is important in life. I just wanted to thank all of you that helped us financially, and prayed for us in this difficult time. I am unable to pay you back. However, I serve a God who can. I am confident that he will repay you much greater than what you gave. At our darkest hour we were certain that we would lose our home, everything we had, and live with family until our situation changed in some way. This is not the worse thing in life that can happen to a person I assure you. Traumatic, nevertheless. I am happy to say that I did recently gain employment with a great company around Atlanta, GA. Unfortunately, this means we will have to move. However, God has graciously given us a great life somewhere else.
We were in what you would consider a “Dark Place” over the last year. I really haven’t been myself, and I apologize for that. It is hard to act normal, or like everything is going to be ok, in a dark place. Most people have faith that things would work out for the good eventually. But when His answer is “No”, or “Wait”, can you trust Him. Even when things look impossible and there is no way out. In your life you will be put in situations were all you have is your trust and relationship with Him. You have to decide at that point, is God’s Word enough? Can you lose everything and still have Joy in your life. I love the attitude of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in Daniel. Our God had the power to save us from the fiery furnace, but even if he doesn’t, we will praise Him forever.
You get a new perspective on debt when you can’t pay the ones you have. I had to come to the conclusion that God owned and controlled the Bank, the income available, and the economy. It was all His and He could do anything He wanted to with it. He is the Invisible Hand that controls the economy spoken of by our Founding Fathers. The song is really real to me now that states, “Oh, praise the One who paid my debt. And raised this life up from the dead.” You see, Christ paid your spiritual debt, and one day He will pay your physical debt also. His work is complete. That is why He is seated on the Throne in Heaven.
Life and the world tell you all the time that you have to have certain things to survive and be happy. Don’t believe them. I am living proof that you can live without healthcare, life insurance, home insurance, a termite bond, and satellite TV just for starters. Those things are not bad in themselves. And in normal times, most people have them. But I had to come to the realization that God was bigger than Blue Cross. And that He was able to keep my house from burning down. And He would provide and protect us even without all the “things” the world says I must have. The “American Dream” says you need the biggest house with the nicest car. That is a lie. Satan wants to keep you from contributing to the Kingdom with the income you have been given. God really only gives you wealth so that you can help others with it. Every physical thing you own will be burned up one day in the renewing of the earth. Your 401K won’t be worth much then.
I also wanted to tell you that no matter what your trial is right now, God hasn’t let you down. When you get the bad news from the doctor, or the pink slip at work, or that phone call in the middle of the night. God hasn’t let you down. He is about to do something great in your life. All things truly are working together for good for those that love Him and are called according to His purpose. One day when you turn on the TV and the stock market has collapse, or another war has started, or a terrorist attach has happen. The day you go to the bank the doors are closed for good. He knows were you are and He won’t let you down. All things are working together for His plan to be completed. He even new about the oil spill in the gulf. God is doing something special in His people’s lives right now. He is reminding them that this world is not their home. He taking away everything this world has to offer, so that we will be ready to leave. Don’t be like Lot’s wife who turned around as she was leaving Sodom. Let your heart be focused on the life to come.
I still have some “Giants” here that I have to slay in the near future. And I am sure I will encounter more where I am going. But with God’s help and your prayers I will destroy them all! We have to leave and serve the Lord somewhere else, with other friends. I know you will carry on here. But one day, very soon, I will stand with you and all the Saints that came before and sing,
“You are good, You are good
And Your love endures”
http://www.thekellyhouseboys.blogspot.com/ (music)
He lives forever,
Ryan Kelly
this sermon changed my life....
ReplyDeletehttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3051024550497129264#
Thanks for sharing this on your blog. We are currently in that place where you were last year and each day is an adventure in our life right now. We are currently praying about where God is taking us at this very moment.
ReplyDeleteMatt and Janel Tyler
I had no idea things had gotten to this point with you guys as I don't see you as often since you moved..but we, too, are experiencing the beginnings of this type of struggle with work for Paul..he, too, is self-employed..and alot of our expenses are great (Jackson's medical bills and supplies). I keep perspective better I think though then him..men are under alot of pressure to provide and place alot of their self-worth on that. I am so thankful you posted this. I printed it out for my husband to read. I think it will really move him. It is hard to make yourself vulnerable and open up like this. Thank you for sharing. It was very touching and true. God bless you!
ReplyDelete