I took Aidan to a new doctor today for his 2 year old check-up. She was really great and was very patient with Aidan. After being in the room for maybe 10 minutes she said that she would characterize him as having a strong will. My response was "you think"! When I was telling this to my friend Regan she asked me what he was doing, I said maybe it was the fact that he was hiding behind the exam table, or slamming a cabinet door shut, or pulling out the stirrups on the exam table, or trying to escape out the door, or maybe it was when he pretended to choke on a cracker and scare the doctor, or maybe it was when he tore off all the paper on the exam table, or maybe it was all the kicking and screaming during the exam! Maybe just maybe one of those events proved that he might be a little strong willed! Her encouragement was that 2 doesn't last forever. Thank goodness for that! It got better after she left, they did a finger prick. Before I knew it there were 5, yes 5nurses in the room trying to hold him down(he was strapped in the stroller) to put a band-aid on his finger. The funny thing is that this had been one of the better well check-ups I have had with Aidan(excluding the whole 5 nurse thing). He, as you can tell, does not like the doctor one bit!
This visit does characterize Aidan well. He will try absolutely anything to get out of doing something he doesn't want to do!! But if he is engaged and happy then he is one of the most sweetest boys to be around. His new babysitter has done nothing but brag about how well he plays and how sweet he is to the other kids. So its not all bad! I love Aidan so much for his strong will. I know that nothing in life will hold him back. Everything he does he does it with all his might!
Here are his 2 year stats:
Height- 2 feet 11 1/4 inches 75th percentile
Weight- 30 pounds 50th percentile
Head Circumference ??? The nurse gave up on this one. :)
Happy 2 years Aidan!!! We are so excited to see what this year has in store for you!

That is so funny! He is such a sweetie! I know that 2 is hard. We are experiencing that with Sophie right now and she has nothing on Aiden. Bella was much closer. But this you know. By the way, great job keeping up with your blog. I totally abandoned mine for like almost a whole year. I just posted tonight finally. Yipee!
ReplyDelete